Desch Lutex® Clutch Brake Combination
The Desch Lutex® Clutch Brake Combination Type LKB is a dry, single plate, pneumatically operated clutch/brake combination with a spring set disc brake for use on stamping, forging and metalforming presses. Low inertia, compact design provides high thermal capacity and ideal for high speed, high cyclic, heavy-duty industrial applications. 16 sizes available. Torque range of 184 Lb-ft thru 85,000 Lb-ft.
Originally developed for use on presses and shearing machines, it is particularly suitable for applications where large inertias are to be accelerated or decelerated. The heat resistant properties of the friction surfaces enables the Lutex® CBC to achieve the high operating cycle rate required by presses.
It's compact construction allows the CBC to be mounted in a very small space between the machine frame and the flywheel.
Desch CBC Features
- Low maintenance, safe, reliable
- Low inertia, compact design
- Large shaft bore
- High heat resistance
- Low air consumption
- High frequency of operation
- Asbestos free friction linings
- 2-Point mounting system with plastic collar for noise and vibration absorption
- Quick and easy friction disc replacement
- Several mounting configurations
- Wide range of clutch and brake torque